Our maps are all printed on Hahnemühle Bamboo paper which is the world’s first FineArt Giclée paper made from 90% bamboo fibres and 10% cotton, for an environmentally friendly paper production. The natural white, warm-toned bamboo paper does not contain optical brightener. It is acid- and linen-free and offers maximum ageing resistance. The matt premium inkjet coating delivers excellent printing results with defined reproduction of colour and detail. Its unique combination of soft surface texture, sustainable bamboo fibres and impressive print quality gives the artwork outstanding expression and soul.
Sustainable advantages of using bamboo:
- Bamboo can grow up to 1m per day and is therefore one of the fastest-growing plants on earth, 20 to 30 times faster than wood
- Every five years it can be harvested without damaging the plant as the stumps sprout and grow again
- As bamboo is an undemanding plant it can thrive on depleted soil
- Bamboo needs less water than crop plants
- It doesn’t need fertilisers, pesticides, etc.
- Bamboo creates natural compost and turns degraded soil into farmland by dropping leaves throughout the year
- Bamboo prevents erosions due to its strong root system
- Bamboo reduces the greenhouse gases significantly better than wood by binding lots of CO2 especially in the first years of growth